Transparency and color are the elements that characterize the Mirella Russo’s production. Already owner of “i vetri di Miru” she wanted to create new creative synergies founding this factory of glass and applied arts. Its Neapolitan origins are revealed in orange loads and in warm yellows of the Mediterranean fruits. Her training takes place ” in the craftshop “, where she learned the classic techniques of weaving lead, grisaille and Tiffany.
Deepens with research staff and specific courses, glass fusing, etching and collage. Among the many professional awards, including the quality mark of the Province of Rome for arts and crafts and the inscription in “Roma sublime art.”
Participated in numerous exhibitions dedicated to art and crafts including:
- 2005 – Christmas in Valle Giulia Arts and Crafts at the Museum of Villa Giulia.
- 2006 –Light and color shapes. ”Casina delle Civette” Museum.
- 2006 – Exhibition of the European craft and cultural traditions. Castel Sant’Angelo.
- 2007 – Waste copyright: the art of recycling. Spazio Etoile.
- 2014 – Faith and Form: First review of Sacred Art and liturgical furnishings
- 2015 – Faith and Form: Second review of Sacred Art and liturgical furnishings
But also exhibitions such as “Koine” in Vicenza, an exhibition about sacred art, “Abitare il Tempo” in Verona, “Casaidea” in Rome, where she was selected for a competition to design self-released in 2012.